Mortgage Broker or Mortgage Banker

Either a mortgage broker or a loan officer at a Mortgage Lender or Bank can help you when you apply for a mortgage loan.  As a new home is the outcome of the work of both mortgage broker and loan officer, people frequently confuse the two.  But for the application process, it will help if you recognize how they differ.  AmeriBest Mortgage is a Mortgage Broker. 

About Mortgage Brokers

A mortgage broker is a person or firm that works as an independent agent for both the mortgage loan applicant and the Wholesale lender.   A mortgage broker facilitates things for you and your lender, which can be one of the following: a credit union, FDIC bank, finance company, mortgage corporation or even a private investor.   Which lender offers the loans that is best for you?   A mortgage broker will lead you to the right one. From application to closing, your mortgage broker facilitates your loan process: submitting your mortgage application to a number of lenders, and walking you with the chosen lender through to closing.

About Mortgage Bankers

The biggest difference between a mortgage broker and a mortgage banker is that the latter is employed by a lending institution (a bank, credit union, or others) to promote and process loans only originated from the products of that institution. They may have the ability to promote loans to fit a variety of situations, but all the loans are programs from the same lender.  Less options than a Mortgage Broker & typically higher fees than the mortgage broker as well.  

Shopping for a mortgage loan? We will be glad to help! Call us at (321) 777-7277. Want to get started? Apply Here.

Got a Question?

Do you have a question? We can help. Simply fill out the form below and we'll contact you with the answer, with no obligation to you. We guarantee your privacy.

Your Information
Your Question